Business Honors Program
Units required for the Major: 54 units
Minimum total units required for the BS: 120
The Business Honors program:
- Presents a holistic and integrated view of business that reflects not only current business practice but also the best of practice.
- Challenges students in critical thinking while building their decision making and problem solving skills.
- Immerses students in a learning experience in which they learn not only from their professors, but also from their peers.
- Develops students as future business leaders and pioneers.
- Provides students with many opportunities to meet and interact with professionals to learn real-life lessons.
- Provides an exceptional value to their business education through advanced knowledge and skill sets.
The Business Honors program is a full-time program. Business Honors students will be immersed in a cohort-based learning experience where they will work with and learn from others in their cohort group as well as high-qualified faculty.
For more information, please contact the Office of the Associate Dean for Academic Programs at (916) 278-6463.
Admission to the Business Honors program is based on academic achievement and extracurricular activities. Eligible candidates will need to have completed all their lower division major requirements (MIS 1, MIS 2, MIS 3, ACCY 1, ACCY 2, ECON 1A, ECON 1B, MGMT 10, MATH 24 and STAT 1), achieved junior class standing, and met other admission requirements, including a minimum GPA and SAT (or ACT) score.
Our admission requirements include a SAT score of minimum 1800 or ACT score of minimum 27 (if scores available), an overall GPA of 3.5 or greater, a 500-word statement of career and professional aspirations, and a demonstration of past leadership activities.
Applications will be accepted beginning February 1st through March 15th for admission to the following Fall semester.
Students applying to the Business Honors program must also submit the supplemental business application to the regular business program. Visit www.csus.edu/cba/ubac/impaction.html for the supplemental application and information on the business major impaction.
|Business Honors Core (33 Units)|
|BHON 102||Business Communication||2|
|BHON 104||Fundamentals of Organizational Behavior||2|
|BHON 105||Introduction to Management Information Systems||2|
|BHON 106||Business Data Analysis||2|
|BHON 107||Business Finance||2|
|BHON 108||Fundamentals in Marketing||2|
|BHON 109||Operations Management||2|
|BHON 120||Business Intelligence||3|
|BHON 130||Value Chain and Supply Chain Management||3|
|BHON 140||Enterprise Resource Planning and Infrastructure||3|
|BHON 150||Entrepreneurship and Innovation||3|
|BHON 160||Project Management||3|
|BHON 170||Strategy and Leadership||3|
|BHON 190||Practicum in Business||1|