Preliminary Administrative Services Credential
Total units required for Credential: 24
Educational Leadership and Policy Studies' Preliminary Administrative Services Credential program aims to develop P-12 educational leaders from diverse backgrounds who will positively impact P-12 educational settings. The program specifically focuses on cultivating leaders who promote learning, equity, social justice and achievement for all students.
Educational Leadership and Policy Studies seeks to prepare transformational leaders with the capacity to effectively facilitate and manage change.
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree at the time of application;
- GPA in the last 60 units of 2.5 or better;
- Completion, and successful review, of CSU Mentor and program Supplemental application;
- A minimum of 4 years teaching experience in a P-12 educational setting; and
- Successful interview with faculty, demonstrating:
- Preparation for graduate level study
- Leadership experience
- Familiarity with current issues in education
- Knowledge of conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of P-12 education as a field
- Entry level understanding of ethical leadership
- Vision for P-12 education
Prospective graduate students, including Sacramento State graduates, must file the following with the Office of Graduate Studies, Riverfront Center 215, (916) 278-6470:
- an online application for admission; and
- one set of official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, other than Sacramento State.
For more admissions information and application deadlines, please visit the Office of Graduate Studies website.
The graduate degree program is subject to general University and Departmental requirements. These requirements are explained in the Graduate Degree Requirements section of the University Catalog.
|Required Courses (18 Units)|
|EDLP 200||Diversity and Equity in Educational Leadership 1||3|
|EDLP 201||Foundations of Educational Leadership 1||3|
|EDLP 202||School Law and Ethics of Educational Leadership,Education Law and Ethics of Educational Leadership 3||3|
|EDLP 203||Foundations of Educational Leadership,School Finance 2||3|
|EDLP 205 Instructional Leadership (New Course Approved)||3|
|EDLP 209 Organizational Systems and Human Resources (New Course Approved)||3|
|Required Direct Field Experience (6 Units)|
|EDLP 495A||Field Study in Educational Leadership 1||3|
|EDLP 495B Field Study in Educational Leadership (New Course Proposed)||3|
To be taken fall semester.
To be taken spring semester.
To be taken in summer session.